Tuesday 31 July 2007

Beaver Hall Show 29/7/07

Went to Beaver for the reason: no other shows on for miles! Prestbury was cancelled which was a shame, nice weather, though when the sun went in it was FREEZING!! Warming up Dolsey was flat and horrible so I put her away and then warmed her up later on with lots of walk to canter transitions cool.gif Which made her a bit loopy. 7 in my Native/Cob/Trad Coloured class, the ring was massive which was GREAT, Dolsey loved it. We did an individual show with no hiccups and a good gallop. We then had to strip for conformation which I wasn't expecting, good job I told my sister to bring up the grooming box! I then realised I had no tic-tacs, so some bits of rubber from the floor would have to do laugh.gif However, she was really really good and pulled a nice face and just looked nice for once - no llama camel pony impressions this time! To my surprise, we were called in 1st!!! I was so pleased with her, the judge said 'I'm really, really pleased to be giving you this rosette' so that made me more happy! So I got my CHAPS qualiers biggrin.gif

We hung around for the championship which didn't take toooo lonng, in the rest of the classes there were between 1 and 5 in. Very weirdly formatted championship, we walked around, got pulled in any order and then walked up and trotted back blink.gif I really would have liked to show off a bit more than that! By this time Dolsey had fallen asleep and didn't want to play - she napped a bit in the walk away part and was stuffy in the trot back so obviously we didn't get anything! Bakewell show on Wednesday - I hope it's not too wet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.