Thursday 1 November 2007

Adlington Dressage, Oct 07

Well the winter season is here again...and I am sad that there will be no more sunny warm shows outside, with shops, for more than 6 months! So, for me there will be 6 long months of freezing cold indoor shows and dressage with a very hyper little pony, who definitely knows when she has been clipped and there is an excuse to be naughty.

Anyway, as our very first winter show this season, we went to Adlington Equestrian Centre which is just around there corner, to do some dressage. Dolsey had just had all of her coat clipped off so there was a good excuse for her hyper behaviour! I even had to lunge her before we set off, she had a bit of an attitude problem and bronked around me for a bit before calming down. Warming up she was very good, though I timed it wrong and didn't have as much time as I thought to warm up. The steward was calling my number at the gate for 5 minutes and I didn't realise! Ooops.

Our test was Prelim 7, which is a very nice test (not many circles to do, ha) and we completed it sucessfully, if not a little fast! Dolsey was in an extremely cheeky mood though thankfully she didn't show it by being naughty, just looking rather enthusiastic...

After a bit of a wait the results finally came out, before I went in I looked at the score boards and there were 36 in the class, with 14 in the junior section which I would be in. The highest score being 77% !! So I knew I didn't have much of a chance. Anyway, results were out and I came 4th, just missing out on 3rd by one collective mark! We were 9th overall out of the 36, which I was absolutely thrilled with.

Our score sheet was good, most marks were 7's. The judge said that 'there was a lot to like here' which I was made up about, but she just needed not to rush, lol! We got 66.50%.

So, this weekend it is SHOW JUMPING!

No comments: