Friday 22 June 2007

Derbyshire Festival HOYS Qualifier 10/6

My second HOYS qualifier on Dolsey! Not good judge in the ride part for Dolsey, so we weren't expecting anything. We got there what we thought was a bit late, but in fact we were fine and so the stress was un-needed! After being told to park in about 3 different places and then getting moved again, we finally got Dolsey out and got her ready. We caught up with Horsey Chick who had a stand there, it was very hot and sunny, so no more weather related tent trouble for them!

I warmed Dolsey up, and I could tell that she was in a naughty mood already. She was being so awkward and not listening to me, and when she is in this mood there is absolutely nothing I can do apart from hope for the best. Again there were millions in my class, so the class was split in the go-round and I was in the first ride. Dolsey was good, a little speedy and flat but nothing totally wrong. We were then sent out while the other half came in, and I had a well needed drink as it was so hot! We were then called back in for the scramble that is lining up to do your individual shows. I was about fourth to do my show.

In the ring next to us were the Palomino and Arab classes. As Dolsey came out to do her individual show, they were doing a class where there was a scatty palomino messing around, but I had to hope for the best. Dolseys' show started badly, she wrong legged in canter and then as I went for the gallop, the scatty palomino set her off and so I flew up the long side where we were galloping, Dolsey rounded her back but thankfully no buck. Then I had a slight control issue where I couldn't stop, and so our show was a total mess. I was then a little disappointed as I knew the ride judge didn't like Dolsey anyway, so I knew our mark was going to be awful.

Next was the in-hand again, which surprisingly went really well! We got an OK mark, better than NPS, and Dolsey was less llama and more pony. She stood up really nicely and even managed to pull a nice face, so this obviously helped. We weren't placed and I didn't get too see my full marks which was a shame, but my friend told me my conformation mark and so I was pleased about that. Off to Prestbury RC next for a chill out day (hopefully!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol at the 'less llama more pony' comment! i wonder what the diff is between a nice dolsey face and a not nice dolsey face tho!