Thursday 26 June 2008

Warrington Horse Show 26/05/08

We were up early, plaiting and bathing, trimming...I now know why it is that I have a hairy pony - no plaiting and trimming required! What a horrible, horrible windy day it was though! I thought that Kymara would be a nutter in all of the wind, but no, he was amazing! We warmed up well and he managed to calm my nerves by being very good, very comfy and listening well. We went in our intermediate show riding type class and after the go round were pulled in 2nd after I pushed him a bit too much across the diagonal in trot and he went into canter on the wrong leg. However our show went really smoothly, I was so relaxed and so was Kym that I thoroughly enjoyed my ride! He was great and redeemed himslef in the judges eyes so that we were moved up to 1st! So we've qualified for the BSPS Summer Champs & Harry Hall Best rider of the year class at the BSPS Championships.

No comments: