Thursday 26 June 2008

Cheshire County Show 18/06/08

OMG - I have never been up so early in my life -a 3am start! We were up at the yard at half past 3, plaiting at four and setting off at half past 5!
Our first class was the novice isrt in the POURING RAIN at half past 8. Kym was a bugger in the go round and would not settle - he spooked/leaped about at anything and everything! We were pulled in 7th. I did my show and he didn't put a foot wrong other than being a bit tense, but I was very happy with that! We were then moved up to 5th place. After this I went back to the box and was soaked to the skin - the rain had gone through 2 layers of wool, a shirt and a t shirt!

I thought we had ages to wait until the HOYS class, however we got to the food hall and got a call from Leanne to say that the 148's were in and I'd better hurry up and get on Kym! As a result we had very little working in and Kym put in a few leaps in the warm up ring; I tried to iron them out a bit in the short space we had but gave up and hoped he would settle in the ring! The go round was lovely, however someone opened an umbrella right next to me beside the ring and Kym did the biggest spook I've ever sat on!! We were pulled in 8th place. We did our show short and simple, and it was OK, I wasn't totally happy with it but there was no naughtyness. They called the results in reverse order and as more and more horses were called out I was getting gradually more despondant! I was so shocked to be called in 2nd at our 4th show and first ever HOYS qualifier!! Hopefully this is a good omen for other qualifiers to come!

We waitted for the championship and Kym went really well, he was tired and a bit leany but was such a good boy, we didn't get anywhere but what a day! We're all very happy bunnies and had a celebratory pimms in the evening, although the weather was far from summery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always used to study article in news papers but now as I am a user of
net therefore from now I am using net for articles or reviews,
thanks to web.

Also visit my web blog - visit website