Sunday 16 March 2008

NPS Area 5 - 11/02/08

This was our second show of 2008, our first being Barton EC BSPS where we were 3rd in January. However at this show which was at Myerscough College, we did the CHAPS mixed native/non-native class fistly, which had to be split into height sections because it was so busy! I have never seen so many coloureds at a winter show before - must have been because of the lovely weather. Me and Dolsey were pulled in 3rd out of a big class afer the go - round. We did our show and she was a bit witchy - very tense and twitchy and did a big spook at a white fence (that she had trotted past 5 times previously without any bother). We were consequently dropped down to 4th but I was still happy with that considering the number of people entered!
Next I did the native/cob/traditional Ponies UK class and I think it is safe to say that she was hyper! I think she wanted to get it over with so she could go home! After legging it around in canter with me with her tongue hanging out, we were pulled in 4th, which was pleasing as I had us nearer the bottom end than the top! In the individual show she legged it in gallop and would not stop without a fight - it took me a good while to stop her without making it too obvious that I had no brakes. After that episode we were dropped down to 6th but it was deserved I think! So a day of being dropped down the line which is never a good feeling - however the results were still good and I think I will have to get her some calmers.

No comments: